Top Social

Turbulence of Mind II

22 Jan 2021

Lately, there has been a lot of things circulating my mind. And it seems like I can’t grasp each of them and put them into the ‘cabinets’ in my mind, respectively.

The thoughts are scattered and packed that makes my mind feel too dense and heavy, and hard to think realistically.


One morning, I feel jubilant and looking forward for the day. Then, the storm comes at night and destroyed every positive thoughts and dream I have during the day. It’s a perpetual cycle. I still don’t know how to control my thoughts and emotions.


A wise friend of mine once said that, 9 out of 10 of our problems came from out own thoughts. As simple as she said, when I think back, oh that’s really true. Mind holds the ultimate power over ourselves. 


From thoughts, we daydream and speculate, there comes the imagination, and we plan. From the plan, we start to act, working towards the dream. 


But from thoughts also, sad thoughts, we strained our thinking, degrading and demeaning our own worth, destroying all the lights and hopes we once had. We still plan, a self-destructing plan. Shutting the door from outward reach. And in the end, we succumb to the devil of our ownselves. 


This makes me realise, the ultimate enemy is actually our own self. Yes, other people can say all the meanest thing and trick us into demeaning self. But we hold the choice, on letting their words to reach us, or put a solid protective wall against the world. 


But, we are also the ultimate friend to our own poor self. If we nurture our thoughts with wise and hopeful seeds, it will grow and mould us into a better person, a person who loves themselves the most. Needn’t to find a person to valid yourself, because the very person who is able to do that lays inside yourself.


And I find it endearing to think that way :)


I’m still in a patchy, rough road full of thorns in the process of loving and embracing myself. But I’m working hard for it.


And I hope you will too.


Good luck for us :) and thank you for reading till the end . (I honestly would expect no one to read this, and it would be embarrassing if people DO read my writings πŸ˜³ haha)


  • 9.26 PM, 22th Jan 21 , home.


 πŸŽΉ L’autre Valse D’amelie by Yann Tiersen and Frederic Schubert

Post Comment
Post a Comment

Your thoughts

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature