Top Social

Hospital Playlist Season 1 Review (2020)

16 Jun 2020







THIS. DRAMA. IS. A. MASTERPIECE


I wasn’t expecting that I would love the drama this much. Actually I’m not a fan of medical drama before, but since I watched Romantic Dr. Teacher Kim S1 and S2 earlier this year, I become obsessed! And to my surprise, this drama is really one of a kind among ALL dramas that existed.
 I was curious about this drama because of Shin Won-Ho PD, he’s well-known for The Reply Series which I love. I always remember the warmth from Reply 1988 that I watched few years ago. Even though I’m quite sad that there’s only one episode per week, but I have a huge RESPECT to Shin PD because he tried to make a new change to korean drama production, which would not tire the life out of the crew productions, giving the best show while maintaining the quality and the welfare of those involved in the productions :’ It never crossed my mind how hectic and overworked the staffs are to produce 2 episodes per week (especially during this pandemic). I really hope this will make a good start and example for k-drama (and other) productions to take care of all staffs too! Oh and anyway, if you do the math of the duration of all 12 episodes, it would be less and more equivalent to the 16 episodes of regular kdramas, as one episode is approximately 1.25 – 1.5 hours . So we are not actually losing a lot from this 'new system'.



At first, many people weren’t sure if this drama going to success or not since it’s a ‘non-linear’ drama, no main plot or ‘problem’ that drives the story. But turns out this drama gets the recognition it deserves by both Korean and international audience! This drama is really a fresh story to our frantic life. As usual, Shin PD-nim took the risk to create such a ‘normal’ plotline with a lot of characters. I was quite reluctant to watch it at first, but I trust Shin PD and Lee chakkanim’s vision of drama and proceed watching it as soon as the first episode is released.




There are a lot of things that makes me love this drama so much. The main reason is because the characters. The ’99 squads; Chae Song-Hwa, Lee Ik-Joon, Ahn Jeong-Won, Kim Jun-Wan and Yang Seok-Hyeong as the main stars have their own distinctive and subtle traits and charms that attracted the audience. I love every single one of them. Even though they have different personality; Song-Hwa the wise all-rounded perfect human-being, Ik-Joon the happy virus and party leader, Jeong-Won the pure and kind one, Jun-Wan the grumpy strict yet mature and righteous, and Seok-Hyeong the introvert yet attentive and cute, they really make a perfect squad! All the characters are really lovable and relatable. This drama is very different from other dramas because the storyline isn’t just revolving around the 5 leads, but we get to see the glimpse of other characters’ life and it was done very subtly and smoothly that I don’t feel overwhelmed at all to focus on several characters. The fact that we get to see different side of the story makes me feel more attached to other characters as well! I can relate much to some of their stories and it really makes me feel warm in my heart.












There are some characters that I would like to mention;




- Jang Gyeo-Wool

-          My first impression of her wasn’t that great. The first scene of her was when she being blunt and straightforward in telling the patient’s mother that she could’ve save her child earlier if she do the CPR, but was confronted by Jeong-Won, him telling her that a doctor shouldn’t just straightly stating the fact without consideration beforehand, especially when it involves to the patient’s life. JGW immediately realize her mistake and make up for it. Even though she’s a very cold and blunt person, she learnt her mistake quickly and become more sensitive towards other. I really enjoyed seeing her character progress throughout the drama. I also love that she didn’t give a damn of what other thinks of her, she just being herself all time but open to personal growth. And of course, it was Jeong-Won who became the main protagonist in melting Gyeo-Wool cold and rigid heart *winkwink.



Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life ...







- Do Jae Hak

-          Awwhhh I really love his character. He’s soooo precious!! At first he seemed like the kind of person who’s very careless, sloppy, and could not do anything right. But turns our he has such a big and lovely heart. His interaction with Professor Jun Wan never fail to make me laugh and feeling warm. If I could make a simple metaphor, Jae Hak is the water and Jun Wan is the fire. Although their personality totally clashed together, but they really compliment each other. Jae Hak’s huge compassion is really really heartwarming. He’s really sensitive when it comes to other feelings and actions. One scene that strucked my heart was when he was at the lowest point of his doctor life after getting trouble with fussy patient along with getting scammed for the money he and his wife saved for years, he still have the will to move forward and not succumb to the sadness any longer. It was already hard for him to even be a doctor, the fact that it took him years to pass medical school. He said that even though he’s lacking a lot in term of ‘living decently’, the only thing he’s good at is working and studying hard, so he shall stand with it till the end. His determination and strong-will is very admirable WE NEED TO PROTECC HIM AT ALL COST!!! I’m really sure he’ll be a good doctor in the future <3










- Chu Min Ha

-          I didn’t pay attention at her at first, but as time goes, I grow fonder of her character. I love how she’s straightforward and very hardworking. Although she is fast to complaining and venting her anger, she’s very considerate of others and honest with her own feeling. She endured the hardships very well and determined to do a great job. I’m wishing her well for her relationship with Seok-Hyeong, they really suit each other well  <3



oh hyun min | Tumblr












Love Line Story



The love line of the story is very well executed. I was not expecting that there’ll be one since it is not the main theme of the drama and of course, it’s not the main driver of the story. But I’m very glad that it’s also included as it gives me the pleasure of fangirling for each episode! What I love about it that it was done very subtly and realistically, not forcing the love-line to us viewers all at one.



 Lemme fangirl for every love-line story here;




-        1.   The first one would be The ‘Dove’ couple, Jun-Wan and Ik-Sun. Though their love story escalated fast in the beginning, but it didn’t slow down my excitement towards them. I love how mature and understanding their relationship is. Though Jun-Wan is a rigid person, he’s very understanding towards Ik-Sun as he cherished her very much. Ik-Sun at the other hand never failed to amaze Jun-Wan (and me), I can totally understand why he’s attracted at her! One thing I learned from them is that; COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY! Also, I think the chill-outgoing personality really does runs in her family lol. I really stan her with her brother they’re very hilarious together. I can’t wait to see what’ll Ik-Jun say about their relationship later (even though deep down I’m pretty sure he already knows that because EXCUSE ME? Ik-Jun is the most fast-witted character that ever exist there). The ending of ep 12 was sad though, I hope there wouldn’t be turbulence in their relationship Jun-Wan has sacrificed a lot to let her be happy in her own way :’)




lee wan ik | Tumblr


wan sun kim | Tumblr






-          2. Min-Ha and her brave love for Seok-Hyeong is very admirable. It started off with Min-Ha’s prejudice and one side judgement towards Seok-Hyeong, which later blooms to an admiration and respect. I love how their love story line is portrayed subtly yet surely, their progression is very cute. Not sure if it’s going to work out in the end, considering how complicated it would be by the moment Min-Ha knows the intricated side of his family. Seok-Hyeong draws a distinct line between them from the very beginning till the end, but I’m sure he did that because he cared much for her that he didn’t want her bubbly and lively self to get involved with his life messiness :’ Ahhhh Seok-Hyeong is so considerate and attentive I’m really rooting his happiness with Min-Ha <3




only in dramaland | Tumblr







-          3. Ik-Joon and Song-Hwa’s pure love. I wasn’t expecting Song-Hwa’s love story to be with one of the guy of 99’ liners, but I’m relieved that we get a huge hint between her and Ik-Joon, and their relationship is actually that becomes the most anticipated story for season 2! Knowing Shin PD’s style of giving vague hints and confusion especially for love story, he totally caught us unguarded at first, though some of us speculated of them at few first episode ( also with Jun-Wan), but it was merely speculation because we didn’t get visible hint earlier. Deep down, I’m sure that Song-Hwa also have a deep feeling towards Ik-Jun, at least some kind of crush in their med school life. And they are really perfect together, I love how Ik-Joon only show his vulnerable side towards Song-Hwa, and always end up looking for her by the end of the day as if that’s what he’s anticipating the most when finishing his work. But even so, their story is going to be really complicated. They are already in safe zone of close friendship for about 20 years, it’s not easy to cross the line and evolve to a relationship, especially that they both already got history together before, new commitments and works. But I really hope their relationship will work out in the end :’ I mean, boy Ik-Joon has been suppressing his feelings for freaking 20 years for the sake of friendship because of his big heart!! We need a happy ending for him, and of course, U-Ju needs to get a new ‘real’ mom this time to grow up with lots of loves and affections <3


Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life ...


Hospital Playlist: Songhwa's Shoes – Bitches Over Dramas








-         4.  And lastly, our main end-game of the drama, Jeong Won and Gyeo-Wool, or our precious ‘Winter Garden’ Couple! <3 Oh my I’m fangirling them very very much!! I love how innocent Gyeo-Wool’s love towards Jeong Won. Their scenes together always gives me a butterflies in stomach, even if it was a simple gesture of their eyes-lock during the surgery scene. I love how Gyeo-Wool didn’t give up till the end, even though it seems like there’s no hope anymore to stop him from becoming a priest. I think most of us can relate to her one sided unrequited love :’ But even so, she didn’t waver and still be honest with her feelings. Jeong Won in the other hand, he totally drew a clear line since the very beginning (that makes my heart ache for Gyeo-Wool), didn’t give any visible hints and keeps denying his feeling. But welp in the end we knew that Gyeo-Wool has always been deep in his heart asjsfskjwkjfipwfn. I love how their love story is not forced just because of the viewers demands. We know that he’s always been wanting to be a priest, not wanting to leave his dreams despite his mother’s clear opposition ( I can understand how devastated Mama Rosa would’ve felt when all of her children becoming a priest and not having a family of their own:’) ). But in the end, he realised that he’s always been loving his work. He’s the best example of a good and virtous doctor out there, especially that the fact that medical field is seriously lacking of paediatrician. In the two last episodes, we can see how his determination to be a priest waver, and we’re shown of multiple scenes of his pure passion for taking care of others as a doctor, and adding to his great affection towards Gyeo-Wool that become the ‘trigger’ for him to stay at Yulje Medical Center <3 I totally enjoyed and fangirl this slow burn romance very much, looking forward to see the cute side of them later in season 2 dknfoknfonwdpkwn. And of course, HUGE THANKS TO Ik-Jun for representing us as the cupid for their relationship!!! I LUV YOU IK-JUN!!!!  I’m sure Ik-Jun will be a proud father knowing that it turns out well in the end xD I can imagine him teasing Jeong Won forever HAHAHAHHAHA . Can’t wait when for it :p *smirk.





 





redstringsofhate - some writing stuff Tumblr Blog | Tumgir










gg: hospital playlist | Tumblr












Special mention;



Mama Rosa and Jong-Su everlasting friendship!! They’re veryyyyyy adorable and playful together even though they’re already at old age. At first, I thought Jong-Su and Ju Jeon are another ‘greedy’ men of power wanting to overtake the hospital after the death of the hospital’s director, but turns out that they’re very virtuous and responsible. I love every single scene of Mama Rosa and Jong-Su, especially the bickering part asdhsfindkd! One of my favourite scenes was when they’re looking for her car in the hospital parking lot, only for her to remember that she actually took a taxi to the hospital lolol. And how in the end they just got dumbfounded and laugh out of loud together, realizing that they’ve gone old and slowly forgetting things easily :’) Ahh I really wanna spend my old days happily and joyfully like them :’) <3 I stan their friendship very much. I do hope Jong-Su will find serene in his old days just like how Mama Rosa successfully prevent Jeong Won to be a priest, and getting a new daughter in law too!! :3 <3


 kim hae sook | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir










The Ost (s)



I love all the soundtracks and their band performance. Every single songs in this drama has this nostalgia feelings that makes me wanted to reminisce the old time (that I don’t actually have lolol I’m gonna play the playlist again in 20 years later). Each song tugs my heart and makes me feel very happy and warmed. The beats, the lyrics, and the vibe just light up my mood everytime.



My favourite OSTs are;
-         -   Introduce Me a Good Person by Joy
-         -  Gather My Tears by Whee In
-         -  Beyond the Rainbow Forest by Park Hyu Jin




And my favourite Mido and Parasol  performances are;
-         -  Aloha by Cool (Seok-Hyeong is so cuteee!! now I feel like going to noraebang with my crackhead friends too)
-          - Oh! What a Shiny Night by Crying Nut (the end is so funny sksksks)
-        -   Confession is Not Flashy by Lee Seung Hwan (we know who you’re singing to Jeong Won ;p)
-          - With All My Tears by Seo Ji Won ( this is very heartbreaking )




 Hospital Playlist – Bitches Over Dramas





Musical Instrument Singing GIF by The Swoon - Find & Share on GIPHY









Last Note




What I would like to highlight the most from the drama is how relatable the story is to a lot of us. Sometimes, we forget that we are actually the main hero of our story just because we don’t have this ‘life-turning’ or grand bombastic event in our life. This drama depicted that despite everyone leading a different path of life, having different professions, works and commitments, we are all just human in the end. We all suffer, cry, and laugh together at some point of life. Even though there’s no main plot/catalyst in the story, it was the characters who drove the story. This drama didn’t require all of our attention for its plot, rather, just letting us to immerse and enjoy the very mundane daily life of people of hospital and the patients. The side story of the patients always hit me hard in my heart. I always thought hospital as a scary place where people being bedridden sick and dying, but this gives me another view of hospital, rather now, I see hope and compassion of people at the hospital. There are a lot of scenes that makes me cried, and also makes me grinning alone and laugh like a mad girl alone. The interaction between the patients, the doctors and other medical staffs really warmed my heart. This makes me appreciate doctors and all involved in medical field more, because each one of them will always be doing their best in treating the patients and wishing for their health and happiness <3



By the end of each episodes, with the particular drum beats that gives us reassurance and perfect closure feelings, I always have this warm feelings in my whole heart and mind. This drama makes me wonder a lot and I learnt a lot about ‘life’ in every episode. All the characters’ story resonate very well for me that I’ve grown TOO attached with their life. I felt like as if they all exist in real life. Watching this story makes me want to work very hard to reach my dream, but also to enjoy every single moment in my life with big heart and mind. And of course, finding some wholesome squad like the 99’ers! I really hope that I’ll get to do things I’m really passionate with later, and surrounded by kind and wholesome people just like them all <3




wise doctor's life | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir




chae song hwa | Tumblr












What I’m looking forward for Season 2;

-          -  Ik-Jun and Song-Hwa’s relationship
-          - Winter Garden CUTE MOMENTS
-          - Whatdeheck seok-hyung’s ex-wife want appearing again in his life
-          - The truth behind the returned packaged of Jun Wan’s gift to Ik-Sun
-          - Why Jeong Won always has a headache (I hope it’s nothing serious if not I’m gonna cry he is about to have a happy life with his loved one skciowdoiwdnfo)
-          - Chi-Hong’s development to be a better doctor, becoming a new and responsible chief and moving on from Song-Hwa HAHAHAHAH ( I never ship them :p )
-          - Mama Rosa and Ik-Jun’s reaction to Winter Garden couple
-          - Jae Hak getting happy moment (oh dear he suffered a lot already)
-          - Yoon Bok and Hong Do ‘s characters development
-          - U-ju and his cuteness!!!
-          - MORE AND MORE BAND PERFORMANCE TOGETHER!!! (hopefully they’ll get to perform publicly in the hospital and showcase their talent!)



















I find myself rewatching back few scenes from this drama, watching the FMVs, Mido and Parasol’s performances, and real doctor reviews of this drama after it ended. Can’t wait for season 2!! I have a lot more to write (especially the 5 crackheads) but I’m going to save it for season 2 review skdnncsdnnw.

Thank you for reading my long fangirling and ranting post <3 Have a nice day ! 😊


Love,
heba

(8:40 a.m, 15th June 2020)

till, we meet again in season 2! <3

Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life ...


Hospital Playlist – Bitches Over Dramas



تقرير عن مسلسل : Hospital Playlist | الدراما الكورية 🇰🇷 Amino





*PSSS Extra Wholesome GIFs of Andrea cause asdkasjkadkwof <3


















(all GIFs and pictures are from google image and tumblr, credit to the rightful owner)
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Your thoughts

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature