Top Social

On planning and regrets

1 Jun 2024

Again, I am on my flight back to Manchester, UK from Marrakesh, Morocco. 


To my left, I can see the beautiful blend of reddish and bluish hues of the sky. Masya Allah.


When we (me and my friend) booked our ticket during Ramadan. I wasn’t thinking a lot about it. It was just that Ryanair happened to offer an affordable price for the flight, so we just grabbed it spontaneously. But weeks after, the regrets came. My trip to Morocco (happened) to be one week I was supposedly to leave the UK. I totally want to maximise my time in Glasgow, Scotland. But then I booked myself a week trip just when I had little time left, how stupid it is? 


So a week before leaving for Morocco. I was blaming myself for not thinking through. Instead of being excited, I was ruminating to the fact that I am ‘wasting’ a week of my counted days left in Glasgow.

But then again, now that I have spent my days here in Morocco, I am glad I made the trip.

I managed to experience a lot of new things, out of my comfort zone. And moreover, I came here with my 4 other friends. I don’t think so I will manage to come here by my own. 

Though some things happen and it was not all smooth, I cherish the experience and memories I created here. We spent 3 nights in Marrakesh, and 2 nights in a tour to the desert.


At first, I was reluctant to go to the desert, because of its inconvenient. Seems cool but nahhh, that’s what I thought. 

But my friend convinced me, thankfully.


It turns out to be one of the most beautiful memories I’ve been blessed with. Alhamdulillah.


Though I need to endure an 8-10 hours of car journey to reach Merzouga dunes (with a lot of motion sickness, almost vomitting, and melting from the scorching sun), I created core memories of riding the camel (argghhHH!!!) and sleeping in the middle of the desert!!! If not now, I don’t think so I will be able to experience this again. 


It was truly a surreal experience.


Alhamdulillah.


Though Morocco was never in my to-go-to list, and enduring the scorching sun is never my thing, Allah blessed me with this journey to make me appreciate things more. 


Though it was never in my plan to go for a week trip away from Glasgow, Allah knows that I might need it. 


An escape from my lament (contemplative, melancholic) heart in Scotland.


Alhamdulillah.


Now, I am ready to come back to my lovely land of Scotland, to the ‘home of my heart’. With a slightly lighter heart and bittersweet feelings.


I am ready to spend my remaining days in Scotland, to cherish and enjoy it to the fullest. Insya Allah.


Love,

Heba 


25th of May,

(22:04 in the plane from Marrakesh, Morocco to Manchester, UK)





Post Comment
Post a Comment

Your thoughts

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature