Top Social

Popular Book Fair 2016

11 Mar 2018





Assalamualaikum and hello guys! 
So, I went to Popular Book Fair/ Viva Book Sale/ RM5 Book Sale / All RM5 Fiesta which was located at Viva Expo Hall, KL from 9 Sep  - 18 Sep 2016.
IT WAS THE BEST BOOK FAIR EVER because each book only costs RM5 / USD 1.20! Crazy ain’t it? It was organized by Popular Bookstore which is THE BEST bookstore in Malaysia because they always offer discount on novels <3
I went there FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER with my parents on the second day of the book fair. And my mother treated 10 books each of us siblings. But they don’t have any interesting comics or other books unrelated to novels so I am the only one who bought many books , oh my luck XD

But I only chose 8 books because basically I am not in the mood of reading and final is coming huhu! I actually want to stop reading from September until November but… you know you couldn’t resist books once you read them. But I am relieved that I filtered many books and chose only 8 books, that’s a record ! I have many TBR in my room so I need to choose books wisely. Fortunately they sells many popular books but the popular one is the hardest to find. I got like 3 popular books only but I am so jelly with the others who got many popular books! I felt like crying and want to go there again! Bersyukur jelah cik oi XD


So here we go!  8 precious gems that only cost RM40 <3



All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven(Hardcover + Signed)Can you guys believe it, I GOT THE HARDCOVER + SIGNED!!!! This book was the first one I saw at the entrance of the hall. And, I don’t even know it was signed! We went to the airport after the book fair and I checked the book while eating and I found out it was signed. I was about to scream and go crazy lol. Some of my friend didn’t get the signed one, I think only mmm…. halfor quarter of the book was signed and I am so glad I got it eventhough I just snatched it randomly. I even analysed the signature and I found out it was live-signed by Jennifer Niven , it is not a printed one . Saranghaeyo Jennifer Niven <3*Pssss can’t wait for the movie, Elle Fanning’s fan hereNORMAL PRICE – RM88.90

2. How I Discovered Poetry by Marilyn Nelson (Hardcover)This book is not very popular but I am glad I got this because basically this is my first-ever-poem book! Plus, the cover is just magnificent and classic <3 I really want a poem book but they are just so expensive and rarely got discount I bumped into this book when I was going to make the payment. I don’t realize the book at first although I walked in that row several times hoho :3 Can’t wait to read it.NORMALPRICE – RM41.95 for paperback ( the hardcover usually costs twice the paperback)

3. The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley (Hardcover)I was about to abandon this book before I never see this book before (don’t judge a book by its cover popularity). But I really love classic story/ children’s POV/ children in war story and the reviews are good on goodreads. So, I took it. And The cover is really simple yet pretty. The title of the book is also intriguing, I mean, how can a war saved a life when it’s supposed to be a disease and unpleasant things? Oh can’t wait to read it <3NORMAL PRICE – RM38.50 for Paperback ( the hardcover usually costs twice the paperback)

4. Escape From Mr. Lemoncello’s Library by Chris Grabenstein (Hardcover)Okay, I picked the book at first because the cover is so joyful. But I was hesitated to buy it because not all books with beautiful cover is great so I checked up the book on Goodreads. And the reviews are good and the synopsis seems unique and playful!NORMAL PRICE – RM24.90 for paperback ( the hardcover usually costs twice the paperback)

5. Sally Ride – America’s First Woman In Space by Lynn Sherr (Paperback)Obviously I found this book at Biography Section. This is the only biography that caught my eyes. I really want to collect many biography because, I want to be like them! Unfortunately this is the only one that is interesting The others are the persons I don’t know or like billionaire and political figures. I hope this won’t be bored , well you know, nonfiction books.NORMAL PRICE – RM109.90 for hardcover ( the hardcover usually costs twice the paperback)
 6. The Walking Dead – Descent by Jay Bonansinga (Paperback)This is not my style, horror-zombie-blood. But I bought this for my best friend, she is a fanatic of TWD! But I don’t know if she would love it because…. This is a novel and I just found out this have the sequel/prequel idk. When I was at the book fair, I just took it when I saw TWD because I promised her to get a book when I go to a book fair. RM5 using my own money isn’t a big deal for best friend ceh xD I actually found the only hardcover of it but it was horribly damaged so I had to get the paperback one. Hope she would like it <3NORMAL PRICE – Unknown (it is 11.22 PM now and I am to lazy to search for the price on internet)

7. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (Paperback)Yey this was on my Want-to-read bookshelf because it is dystopian, my favourite genre! I was about to miss this book because I didn’t notice it as first xD Luckily I found the book although it has a minor damage because I didn’t check this book first, too busy to catch the time haha . (I was hoping to get The Divergent Series because I watch the first movie and it was fascinating!) At least I got this ^_^NORMAL PRICE – RM41.95
 8. The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey (Hardcover)Last but not least, the second book of The 5th Wave Trilogy. Yeyyyy, this was the second book I picked after All The Bright Places :3 I found this first before The 5th Wave. And IT IS IN HARDCOVER YOU ALLLSSS :D Can’t wait to read thisssssss~ yeah (So bad I couldn’t find the 3rd book , The Last Star huhu)NORMAL PRICE – RM41.95 for paperback ( the hardcover usually costs twice the paperback)

THAT’S ALL FOR MY FIRST EVER HAUL AND PROBABLY THE LAST ONE OF THE YEAR . More TBR, so little time, final is coming! Wish me luck guys.

“May the odds be ever in your favor” <3






Post Comment
Post a Comment

Your thoughts

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature